We are HIPAA Compliant!
Under HIPAA Privacy Rule a Business Associate is any person or entity, which performs a function or activity on behalf of a Covered and involves the use or disclosure of Protected Health Information. At, Magnet Medical we are very serious about compliances. We have undertaken various steps and designed our process to ensure we are fully compliant. Our entire network is very secure. All clients' office records are stored behind a secure firewall before deletion and all electronic claims are securely encrypted for transmission. Your privacy and security are given the highest priority with us. It ensures all the changes and updates made by HIPAA are properly and correctly communicated amongst the team to ensure highest standards of security and confidentiality.
Our services are designed to assure HIPAA compliance in the following way:
- Every employee with us enters into a confidentiality agreement, the terms of which state that they agree not to use, publish or disclose, or permit others to use, any confidential information they may come in contact with us.
- Violation of this agreement warrants termination and legal action.
- Access cards and biometric access screening control entry of employees into the facility. Our facility is manned 24 X 7 and unauthorized intrusion is practically impossible.
- Access to critical areas such as the server room is restricted and only authorized personnel have entry rights to these sensitive areas.
- Full Internet/Email access is provided to only authorized personnel. Access to computer systems is restricted by logins and passwords, which is unique for every employee.
- Completely paperless environment - mainly for security and as a consequence, a "Go-Green" initiative as well
- Connections to the client’s servers are through secure site-site VPN tunnels with 128-bit encryption.
- A dedicated Compliance Officer ensures compliance management processes, which are updated regularly and are stringently adhered to.